Last year my parents visited Andrew and I in Anchorage, AK and even with the rainy July we were having Alaska managed to steal both of their hearts. I think my mom was happy to be under the same roof as her oldest daughter and my dad fell in love with the great outdoors.
This year they arrived just in time for the heat wave of the century (70's & 80's). Stores were selling out of fans (no AC in Alaska homes), sun screen and bug spray. For a week or so we were warmer than Hawaii!
Back to the parents... This year while I was working they took a day trip to Talkeetna with Sierra. If you want to see a beautiful view of Mt McKinley Talkeetna is the place to go. Unfortunately, they went on a cloudy day but they still had fun taking Sierra for walks and talking to the locals.
Back to the parents... This year while I was working they took a day trip to Talkeetna with Sierra. If you want to see a beautiful view of Mt McKinley Talkeetna is the place to go. Unfortunately, they went on a cloudy day but they still had fun taking Sierra for walks and talking to the locals.
| Mom in Talkeetna, AK |
| Dad and Sierra in Talkeetna, AK |
For Solstice we took a weekend trip to Seward where we enjoyed the midnight sun, whale watching, and hiking to a glacier while dad was fishing.
| Mom and Dad in Seward, Ak |
| Mom and I in Seward, AK |
The 2nd weekend we made a spontaneous trip to Homer, Ak where we had to force dad back into the Jeep. He was ready to take an early retirement and just stay in Homer working for the local police department and fishing on the weekends. Don't worry Hunter and Whitney, he also found jobs for you and your loved ones ;-)
| Mom and I in Homer, AK |
| Mom and Dad in Homer, AK |
As you can see we had a fantastic visit and I can't wait for my dad to come back to Alaska in March for the dog sled races if he doesn't move to Homer .
With Love,
The Mrs
AKA The Oldest Daughter
The pictures above complements of Jack & Jerilyn Williamson (my parents)
AKA The Oldest Daughter
The pictures above complements of Jack & Jerilyn Williamson (my parents)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.