With winter looming around the corner I decided that our Arctic Entry needed help and quick.
My first goal was to have an entry way that made a good first impression when you entered our home and secondly a place where we could sit and take off our wet or muddy boots.
Here is phase one of our redo... It still isn't perfect but I am starting to love it.
| Bench made by the Mrs |
The Mr and I started with removing the door to give us space to add a bench. We started the bench the first week of September and then the Mr was deployed. Sadly this left the bench unfinished because the Mrs is banned from using a circular saw until the Mr returns. This weekend I decided to enlist the help of the Marines (AKA our neighbor) to cut the finishing piece for the bench so I could finish it up. As the Giants were named the 2012 World Series Champions I added the last screw to the bench. On a side not the Mr makes using the drill look so easy. I guess I need to work on my arm muscles a bit so I don't have to take so many breaks while using the drill.
With the removal of the door our living room was getting a little chilly so I added a thick set of noise and temperature control curtains to the front door which also adds some personality to our boring room. With the addition of the bench and curtains phase one of our entry way facelift is complete. Stay tuned for phase two...
Love, Mrs. Messinger
P.S. If you have any ideas to add character to our entry way I would love to hear them...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.